Ash gourd famously known as winter melon or white pumpkin grows in southern Asia. It grows in the same size and color like watermelon, but its fuzzy exterior changes into a powder ash coating which it gets its name from. Its taste is similar to cucumber.
This fruit offers many benefits which are used in Indian and Chinese medicines.
10 Benefits of ash gourd (white pumpkin)
- Removes Acidity and maintains PH balance in the body.
- Reduce the heat in the body.
- Eliminate Gallbladder Stones from urine.
- Reduce Dandruff when applied on hair.
- It is the best food for Diabetic Patients.
- Helps to reduce constipation.7.It is a good detoxifying agent.
- An intake of ash gourd juice in an empty stomach is good for ulcers.
- Regular use will help to reduce Excess Weight.
- Used for the betterment of Epilepsy Anxiety, and Insomnia.
Potential health benefits-
- Improve digestion- high fibre, low calorie and water content fruit help to manage healthy weight and helps in the digestion.
- Prevent Ulcers – Ash gourd extracts help prevent the appearance of stomach ulcers.
- Reduce inflammation – It’s believed that ash gourd extract helps in reducing the inflammation which is the major reason for chronic diseases.
- Protection against type 2 diabetes- Its believed that research is ash gourd is to help prevent the levels of insulin, reduce blood sugar . However, human studies report conflicting results. Protects against cell damage.
- Antimicrobial effects- Research indicates that ash gourd help to fight against some types of fungus and bacteria.